Time for Revival?

Talk about anything.
Somewhat Threatening Contributor
In-Game Name: --CGA-- Robosphinx
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:51438755

Time for Revival?

Postby RoboSphinx » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:50 am

Hello CGA Lurkers, I know you're here occasionally, despite our seemingly desolated community.

CGA as an active steam group and community ground to a halt quite some time ago, I think mainly due to our (then) admins being unable to continue admin-ing due to life. That's totally okay, life happens! Anyway, I post here in hopes of catching lurking long-timers as well as the guests and new members who have appeared since our "death." I want to know if any of you are willing and desire to help rebuild CGA to what it once was: a magnificent community of gamers.

Those of you who've been around for a while may remember when I found and shared Player.me, a new(ish) social media platform geared towards gamers. Well, they've grown quite a bit since then, and that's what sparked my interest in rebooting CGA (don't ask how my thought-process got there, I'm not entirely sure myself :P ). I know a few of you long-timers created profiles, but I'm sure it would pique the interest of many more of you. I've created an unofficial CGA group on Player in the hopes that some of you will join me.

Nun, if you're still around and wish to do so, I'm more than happy to make you an admin of the group, considering CGA is, to my understanding, primarily your creation.

And to all of you beautiful people here, I'm open to ideas on how to go forward with our (hopeful) reboot of this glorious community.

Cheers to those of you who still check back every once in a while,
Robosphinx
Profile from SteamDB
  • Money wasted: $1055 ($335 possible with lowest sales)
  • Games owned: 81 ($18.19 average per game)
  • Games untouched: 29 (36%)
  • Hours wasted: 1415h (27.2h average)
  • Last updated: 23 August 2017

Sufficiently Lethal Contributor
In-Game Name: TheSpoonman
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:61701870

Re: Time for Revival?

Postby Spoonman » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:53 pm

Well, let me start off by saying wow, I did not expect my profile to still be active. Second, hello everyone. Long time no see. I recently started playing TF2 in general again and I couldn't help but remember some fond memories I had in this clan and wanted to check up on you lot. However I see that the server is not doing so hot and this makes me sad. It's such a great mod with a great community, it'd be a shame to see it hurt like this. I'm not sure how you all feel about me up and leaving those years ago, but if you'll have me, I'd like to help make this server great again.

Sufficiently Lethal Contributor
In-Game Name: --CGA-- SexyMoustache
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:41115174

Re: Time for Revival?

Postby racer123246 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:39 pm

I hate to reopen a potentially dead topic (and unfortunately forum, at this point in time..) but I feel like it doesn't really matter anyway...

This is the first time I've lurked around in at least a year and a half, and it saddens me that there are only 5 new topics, one of which being spam.

I'd love to see our community rejuvenated, reborn, whathaveyou. I feel like that might be easier said than done of course. With me now only seeing this after a year of its original posting, that might say something as well. Of course, I'm still active on Steam, and I see a lot of our (past) members still are as well, so maybe that should be where we revive ourselves, not necessarily on a third-party website.

I'm not sure when the next person will see this will be, but CGA will forever be a part of my growing up. Hopefully in the future we will all find a way to regroup.

Until then, feel free to find me on Steam, my username is now HTH_Gaming. (My avatar is still the same, of course.)

Return to General Discussion