Alright Ladies and Gentlemen. Lets revitalize this server.

All stuff related to TF2 and the servers.
Unremarkable Contributor

Alright Ladies and Gentlemen. Lets revitalize this server.

Postby SuperSmartSalarian » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:03 pm

Hi everyone. Salarian here, and Exams almost finished,. After breaking free of the pit that is Dota 2, I think it's time to help revive the TF2 server.

Okay so the server as of late has been a little underpopulated for a while.
While I chalk that up due to it being finals season I believe we should have some kind of CGA member plan to help augment server traffic for the coming months and increase traffic during the summer.

To start, I think we should try to use the Steam group function more often due to the fact that it's easier for users to just look at the group page on Steam instead of going on here to discuss Server matters. I mean we already have the interface, so why not take advantage of it? Another thing we could do is to send out a group message to everyone on our group list to come onto the server and play, such as recently. Maybe even extending into different social media to accommodate new players could be advantageous, possibly Reddit?

As for the server itself, I think we might need to do a bit of an overhaul or at least some fine tuning to it. Playing on it recently I have experienced a few random bugs, not to mention some lag spikes, even with bots.
Another thing to also add is that instead of having a forced reset to ALL players, maybe if some kind of account system or of the like was implemented we could just make it a temporary reset. By that let's say that I have been playing for 3 months and have about 16 levels. When the "reset" comes, my levels are not erased, more of locked away until a set amount of time. this would help alleviate the annoyance for grinding but still allow for new players to join and not be lost.

This is only the beginning of the ideas I have to help with the server, but I really hope I can get your support. I love playing on this server and I have enjoyed being apart of this community. So with a bit of work I think we can work to turn this server into something resembling its older self. Talk to you all soon.

Positively Inhumane Contributor
In-Game Name: --CGA-- B-rabbit
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:46489073

Re: Alright Ladies and Gentlemen. Lets revitalize this serve

Postby B-Rabbit » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:40 pm

Hey there guy!
As of late (Probably about the past 2 weeks) the server's started picking up a little bit of steam (Hah. Steam.), and I'm sure as summer kicks in and people are graduating (Yay class of 2015!) and everyone's let out of school, it'll get even more people. Bees has been an amazing contributor to this server achievement, as she's been getting people like me on and posting an event on the CGA steam group (Come on to the server! Seed! Stuff like that), which gets more and more people on the server. As soon as we have a consistent 5+ people on, more say to themselves, "Wow, I haven't been on in awhile, and it's no fun to play at bots. But look at that, they're almost gone! I can help contribute to this bot-killing movement!" giving the population an increase up until it hits that lovely cap.
Soon, it will always be like that.
Soon, everyone will live in harmony, killing friends and healing enemies.
Soon.

Hale's Own Postman
In-Game Name: --CGA-- Fizzy
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:79435040

Re: Alright Ladies and Gentlemen. Lets revitalize this serve

Postby Fizzy » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:37 am

B-Rabbit wrote: killing friends and healing enemies.

Vice versa :?

Return to Team Fortress 2